Monday, June 2, 2014

3

"Sit down here"

It was a small brown swivel chair at her kitchen table. Eyes fighting to focus and still a bit wobbly from passing out, I clumsily sat. Then promptly slid right to the floor. She held my arm as I got up and this time I sat more stably.

"I promise you I am not drunk."

"I know."

There was something that instantly attracted me to her. She was gorgeous. And she wasn't kicking me out of her door. That was a plus. Blonde hair, fair skin, lovely features, kind smile, a brilliant intellect, and I noticed, eager for company. We talked for hours about this and that. Telling each other about ourselves. I almost cry to this day thinking back on how perfect that hot June afternoon was (if you exclude the embarrassing bout of unconsciousness).

"I have Tourette Syndrome, by the way."

"I don't care."

I really didn't. I was already smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment